Periodontal disease targets your gums and slowly degrades the tissues that support your teeth. If not properly treated there is a risk of tooth loss due to destruction of the tissue that surrounds your teeth.
GUM DISEASE SYMPTOMS
- Red, swollen or tender gums or other pain in your mouth.
- Bleeding while brushing, flossing, or eating hard food.
- Gums that are receding or pulling away from the teeth, causing the teeth to look longer than before.
- Loose or separating teeth.
- Pus between your gums and teeth.
- Sores in your mouth.
- Persistent bad breath (halitosis)
Tackling Perio disease is a team effort and our dentists and hygienists will put together a treatment schedule that addresses your particular situation, so you can rapidly return to a good state of oral health. Sometimes if the disease is very advanced you may need to be referred to a Periodontist Specialist.
A range of
- Pocket reduction: Prevents infection and bone loss by eliminating bacteria and tartar from your roots
- Gingivectomy: Removes excess gum tissue to reveal more of the tooth and balance out your smile
- Gum grafts: Corrects exposed roots and other complications resulting from severe gum recession
- Scaling and root planing: Removes plaque and tartar from above the gum line before smoothing out the tooth root to prevent reinfection
- Regenerative surgery: Restores tissue and bone that have been degraded by bacterial invasion.
Periodontal treatment will give you a healthier smile and even enhance your overall good health.